9.13.2006

Wow - bee opportunities have abounded lately. I think I wrote that a reporter from the Eagle spent part of last Thursday with me. The article came out this morning. It's online here.

I had to turn down Camp Victory's request for a workshop due to a schedule conflict. Our church ladies are going to Spring Hill, TN for a ladies retreat the end of this month and Mina has asked me to share a little about honey and health. That should be fun. For anyone who's not heard her sing or speak, you're missing out. She truly sings from the heart and is a hoot to boot.

Yesterday was the first of the kids bee workday's at Landmark Park. It was windy and two kids and two teachers got stung. Fortunatly Dr. Mom (moi) had her handy dandy first aid kit and treated the boo-boos. I had to hand to to J.B. who also taught, he gave the young victims the choice jobs of the group. Our club volunteers carried out the entire program as the state and extension guys had schedule conflicts. I like teaching the home school and Christian school kids especially as you can include God's hand in all the wonders of bees and honey.

No comments: