10.16.2006

I've lost track of how much time has passed since blessing this blog with a few clickety clicks. But then a lot has happened the last few weeks. Some parts I'd just as soon forget, others stare me down shaking their finger in my face "lest I forget."

I can't forget being ill four months partly due to heartache and stress I knowingly or unknowingly carried around. God knew how much this dumpling could take and let me get to the root of the problem in time to catch a life threatening condition. Anemia sucks. It took an overnight stay in one of Alabama's finest hospitals and 3 units of blood to get me out of danger. I take a handful of vitamins and supplements for breakfast now.

I can't forget meeting Debi Pryde and her words of wisdom. And how much fun it was jamming with Tracy at the FAR retreat even though I couldn't hold my notes as long as I wanted. (anemia - its a wonder I didn't kill myself) Next year, for SURE.

No forgetting Cindy's visit to (take over and) pull off her dad's 50th birthday event since I was in no shape to. God arranged all that. We had the best visit in years and both grew because of it. In some ways it was like getting my girl back. Call me a doting mom but while I don't worship the ground the my kids walk on, I have the greatest respect for who they are in Christ and who God intends them to be. Cindy's the oldest, and a most awesome young woman. It will be exciting to see what God's got planned for her.

No forgetting I'm married to an old man now, lol. Poor dear got his AARP invitation ON his birthday. Mama always told me, better an old man's darling than a young man's fool.

And wonder of wonders, the bee doors keep opening and opening. Went to the state association meeting 13th and 14th in Montgomery. A new amendment put me on the board of directors by virtue of being a pres with 10 state members. (sigh) A nomination from the floor and subsequent vote for a 3 year term did it regardless of local rank. So they're stuck with me whether they like it or not. There's one or two that probably don't, but they're voted out now anyway. I saw one officer publicly flinch at the 05 meeting after blabbing something where he'd lied to me. I think there's hope for the organization with the good people currently in the higher offices.

My kitchen is a wreck. I've been cleaning old wax that was given to me. And working on making creamed honey. (Yummmmm!!!!) I think I've fallen in love with the sweet stuff all over again. It's kind of interesting that Christ is described by several flowers in the Bible. I've no idea whether either make nectar for honey, but it is interesting that honey comes from flowers and just as the Word comes from God. There's some sweet goodness to that somewhere but this poor bod and brain are too tired to fully grasp it at this hour. :)

G'nite all.

1 comment:

jel said...

Hi Ros,
my uncle use to keep bees, and he will give us some of the honey, it was fun to work up the honey, but sticky :)


Blessings