2.15.2008

Jane and the C Word

Call me a simple Alabama girl. I have to admit that when I heard about yesterdays early morning slip of the tongue I silently had to agree with her statement. Yeah, I'm from Alabama, I don't do that either. Further investigation however revealed that her appearance on the Today show wasn't against vulgarity disguised as art, but that she was there to support and promote the V Monologues in which she's actually participating.

What? The Vietnam activist now turned Christian is now turned to promoting an X-Rated excuse for art??? Remember now, I'm a simple Alabama girl. But I do know how to google a few things and what I found out is that the V Monologues (see, I can't even bring myself to write the biologically correct word) has morphed from a base and crass play to a full fledged movement that seeks to end violence toward women. Ok, I'm all about ending violence toward women.

The whole thing is that dear Jane's participation appears to be a band-aid to a social problem she contributed to in the first place. As an outspoken activist in Vietnam she tore down the moral of an entire armed forces and the American people as well. There is still much anger in this country over what she did. Who does it get taken out on much of the time? Women. Her actions in Vietnam earned her a special traitor status unequaled to any male in history (in my humble opinion) and that anger is still vented against women today.

Then there's the feminist activities. Radical feminism emasculates men. Emasculated men are angry. There again, who bears the brunt of this social problem? Who gets to deal with the men who've been beat down by an ideology that plays down what God intended them to be? Hmmmm.

So here we are - we're living in a world that has pretty much rejected Jesus Christ who elevated women's worth by his holy words and actions and now Ms. Jane who has claimed to know Him is seeking to eliminate the problems she helped create by promoting unholy words and actions. Remember, I'm just a simple Alabama girl but is the irony lost on anyone but me?

No comments: