1.08.2013

Christmas in January

I still have my tree up.

Yeah, I know that's lame.  I should have everything packed away and tidied up by now, but for some dumb reason, I can't.  Not just yet.

I can't put my finger on it, but it don't feel right, at least it hasn't so far.

Maybe it's because I was so insanely busy in December I didn't get the decorations up till late.

Maybe it's because it really didn't even seem like Christmas till Mom got here and we're still celebrating.  Seriously - every day she is here life is a party.  A sedate mature one of course, but we have fun.

Maybe it's because more family is coming as my inlaws move down the road from us next month.

Maybe it's because my best Christmas present isn't scheduled to arrive till July.  (I promise, the tree won't stay up THAT long!)

And lastly there's this aggravating naggy feeling that I'm missing something  . . . and that's the part that drives me nuts.

Whatever the case, I'll get to it when I get to it.  But if you see my lights in the meantime, it's because Christmas isn't quite ready to be over at the Horton house.





No comments: