1.02.2015

Welcome 2015!

Here we are.  The holidays are over.  The grandkids have all gone home.  The trailblazer is in the shop again, and on top of packing away all the Christmas decorations I'm faced with the annual "get the finances ready to do taxes" thing.
 Ahhh .  . life!  

I heard once that when you're five years old, a year represents one fifth of your life.  That's huge 20% of your existence in a single word.  But when you are 50, that same period of time represents 1/50th of your life.  One very skinny little piece of the whole pie.


 I find my pie pieces getting skinnier and the Christmas's coming around faster as I approach 60.  I'm finding a lot of other things too - unwelcome things like hair that refuses to be tamed, weight that refuses to come off, and not being able to lift as much as I used to.  (which is a huge issue for a beekeeper!)

That's not said to complain - there are so many positives that come with it I don't think I'd trade:

the love of a beautiful family I'm proud to call my own
     GRANDBABIES!
          not flustering over small stuff
               the quiet confidence of a sweet relationship with God
                    vision and purpose
                         challenges and opportunities

What does the New Year hold?  I can't tell you.  I know what today, January 1, 2015 held:

Time with my son and his precious family
     Time with my husband and sweet inlaws
          Finding a treasure for our other son
               Communicating truth to a stranger in bad need of it - and being heard
                     
No doubt every day won't be like that -  after all it is a holiday, but I hope that  words like "loving", "blessing", "giving", "sharing", "praying", "helping" etc,  are sprinkled generously over the mundane things that make up every day life.

After all, they are the things we get to take with us when our years are over and we start fresh in God's eternal kingdom.

And if by some chance you stumbled upon this and don't have that sweet assurance of God's love in your life, get a Bible. Read the Gospel of John.  Let it sink in and find out for yourself who this Jesus is and what He did for you. 

No comments: