6.02.2014

Something Else Going On . . .

I'm living a double life.

For the record this isn't my only blog.  I actually have another one,  http://notsewnew.blogspot.com/.  The title is the same as my smaller, less well known etsy store by the same name.  You get to see my heart here at beemusement101.  Notsewnew shows my hands.

That being said I should probably explain that name. 

1.  My maiden name is New.  I was a New girl for 21 years till I married.  I'm still a New by birth and family, but am a Horton now by marriage. In that regard I'm not New anymore.  I'm not New by age either.  Youth has come and gone and I'm older and wiser.  I think wiser is a pretty good trade off since I don't have quite the pep I once did.

2.  I like to sew. Don't have as much time for it as I used to, but like it nonetheless.  So much so that my sewing room is obscene.  Seriously. 

3.  I really like old stuff, stuff that's not so new.  Old sewing stuff, old farm stuff, old bottles . . . if it's rusty, chipped, stained or even broken, I like it and can often find a new life for it.

There you have it.  The story behind the name.  And the link.  See what my hands have been up to while my heart ponders the mysteries of the universe.

No comments: