6.18.2007

It's close to 11:pm and I will be leaving the office pretty soon. It's been one loooooong day! It seems like it's been a very long month for that matter, but the calendar tells me that next Sunday is my turn at the jail, so I guess we're on approach for the end of the month.

Tomorrow will be a special day. I'm going to relax, relax, relax.

I'm nursing about 15 bee stings right now. We moved the porch hives last night, something I hope I never have to do again. The contractors started on the house and there was no way my porch would get screened in with those things there. (Sweet that my grandmother's wicker sofa became available the day they started!)

What I learned is as follows:
1. Wear the big suit. It's too easy to get stung in the tight suit.
2. Lighten the thing up as much as possible. If it means robbing honey a day ahead to return it later do it.
3. Make sure your entrance covers are the right size.
4. Make sure everything's tight - no escape holes or skewed top covers.
5. Make sure you can back the truck up to your load and unload spots.
6. Good help/good company make a tough job more enjoyable.

Naturally this is not an all inclusive list, but it will give you an idea of some things done right and some things done wrong. Live and learn!

No comments: