6.10.2007

We just got back from a weekend wedding trip and I'm so tired I could drop. Actually I will in a little bit.

One of our "kids" got married. Travis Smith spent many a weekend at our house during his high school and early college days. He was a groomsman in our son Brian's wedding last year and Brian returned the favor Saturday. It's always a joy to see the fine young men these boys turn into and we're happy that he's found the love of his life. Erin is a sweetie, that's for sure.

A side treat of this event was spending time with our two older children. Cindy came down as well, and as usual it was "Horton, party of Fun." I've observed that people don't always know what to make of the rowdy bunch who relish the joy of each other's company. And for the second time we've wound up in a huddle at someone's wedding reception. Odd. But it was good. We left the crowd and laid out under the stars at the edge of Pine Mountain at one of those little places on a ridge where you can see for miles for an hour or so after things died down. Good memories. The shooting stars weren't bad either.

And after all the goodbyes this morning Norman took me to Warm Springs and Calloway Gardens. Sweet, sweet man! I must say we need to have a word with the beekeeper there. Norman was pretty upset about the condition of their bee yard. I expected better.

So, we're home, Becky is in Memphis with Cindy, and if Brian's not back in Raleigh he will be soon. It was a good weekend. I've got a truckload to do getting my house and yard back in shape but when it's all said and done there's still no place like home.

No comments: