1.21.2009

Wednesday Thoughts

It’s cold outside, a chilling 33 degrees to be exact, and just a few minutes after 10 am at that. This is extreme for south Alabama. I count my blessings though. I spoke to a friend in Indiana who was working outside in 2 (yes, two) degree weather. God bless the sunny south!

Its winter in a lot of ways. Our house is quiet again after a rollicking Christmas break. I’m ok with that as the still makes for good meditation and prayer. I sometimes think God gets tired of trying to get things through our thick heads in the midst of the noise and clutter of life we surround ourselves with.

I think the winter that bothers me most is in the struggles I see my children dealing with. All the merriment did not fend off the routine (and some not so routine) issues of life, and outright satanic attack.

So on this very cold day, my heart is on fire and I’m pleading with God on behalf of those I love. PA, CA, Montgomery, Troy, Dothan, FL, NC, Memphis, the UP, Afghanistan, . . . I've got kids in a lot of places and prayer has no distance. God would hear just as well as if I was in the next room.

You know who you are and you know I love you.

No comments: